Sunday 24 November 2013

Jewel Cafe/Bar



Actually, I didn't plan to visit this cafe. My friend and I suddenly saw this cafe while passing by. The exterior look really caught my attention and we came back after we visited L'etoile Cafe. The big painting on the wall looks beautiful and sometimes, they will change the painting once in a while. I like it how they make the entrance to the cafe so visible that you can see everything inside.
This is the interior look of the cafe. It's small but spacious because they only have around 4 or 5 tables inside. Other than that, it looks very nice with all the lightings. Exterior and interior look have this victorian feel where it's somehow vintage, classy and beautiful.Everything seems to be made of wood and copper. We just stayed for a while so we didn't went up to the 2nd floor.
The ceiling is just barely concrete with this hanging boards and hanging bulbs. I find the hanging boards weird and dull but somehow I find it unique because it compliments the interior look and it also reflects the light from the bulbs to the whole place, creating this certain ambiance to it.
They even have their menu clipped on to the clipboard and put it at the shelf ledge together with magazines on the other side of the room. 
My friend ordered a hot latte and I ordered a iced chocolate only. We didn't order any food because we were too full from eating at L'etoile Cafe. But then, just for a hot latte and iced chocolate, it's already expensive respectively. The hot latte costs around $8 while mine costs around $7.50 however my friend said that the hot latte taste more better than the hot latte she ordered at Cups N Canvas  while mine taste like an ordinary iced chocolate.

I feel that Jewel Cafe/Bar is more of a place where you can meet up with your friends or a place to bring your date there. It's really a nice place with beautiful ambiance and interior and exterior design. Based on yelp.com, the reviews for this cafe is rated at 2.5/5.

 Based on my opinion, I felt that it should be rated at 3.5/5 because of the cafe's look and the service. However, if it's based on the food and drinks, then it would be rated at 2.5/5.

If you're interested to visit Jewel Cafe/Bar, please click the link below;

Opening Hours:
Mon: Closed
Tues-Thurs & Sun: 9am-10pm
Fri-Sat: 9am-12am
Address:
129 Rangoon Rd, 218407

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a really beautiful place to have a nice warm beverage!

    ReplyDelete